If it is necessary to evacuate an area, you will be informed by an announcement on your EAS Station. The message will include any special instructions called for by the situation. You may also be contacted by local fire, police, or other emergency officers - please follow their instructions.
- If you are told to evacuate....
- Do NOT use the telephone to get emergency information!!!
- What will you need to take with you?
- What if I need transportation?
- Special Information / Arrangements
- Gather the necessary items to take with you.
- Turn off lights and all non-essential appliances, lower thermostats and extinguish fires in fireplaces and stoves.
- Lock all doors and windows
- Use only one vehicle per family
- Locate The evacuation route you will be instructed to take
- Drive safely and obey traffic controllers
If you go to an assembly area, you
will be directed to a care center. At the care center, the staff will register
you and your family, help locate other family members, should you become
separated, and obtain medical care, food, lodging and social services for you,
While you are away, law officers will patrol evacuated areas to protect homes and businesses.
Your length of stay from home will depend on the situation. Local, state, and federal officials will determine when conditions are safe for you to return home.
For evacuations during working hours, if conditions permit, go home and pick up your family. You should be aware, however, that traffic controllers may restrict traffic on some routes to prevent traffic jams. If you cannot reach your family, transportation will be provided for them to the assembly area identified for your community.
That seldom brings results and could tie up telephone lines urgently needed for emergency operations aimed at your protection
Suggested Items to take:
|Clothing appropriate for the season||Prescriptions/patient medicines||Shaving articles/sanitary items|
|Extra undergarments/sleepwear||Soap & towels/toothbrush & toothpaste||Flashlight & batteries|
|Credit cards/checkbooks Personal ID||Portable radio & batteries||First aid kit|
|Baby supplies/small toys|
For sanitary reasons, pets will not be permitted in care centers.
If you are instructed to evacuate and you do not have transportation, attempt to obtain a ride with neighbors, a friend, or a relative who lives nearby.
If you or other members of your family would require special assistance in the event of an emergency evacuation, please contact Mercer County Emergency Management Agency at (724) 662 - 6100 Ext. 240.
|EMA Home||Pet Info||Pet Concerns|