Department: Mercer County Maintenance Department
Position Title: Custodial Supervisor
Pay Classification: P&A 04 (Entry $16.34/hr. to $23.28/hr.)
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Date of Job Description Creation/Update: 7/30/2019
Hours of Work: Full Time (35 hrs. per week), M-F evenings (4:30 PM – 12:00 AM)
Overall Descriptions of the Position:
The Custodial Supervisor will be a working supervisor that oversees the custodial cleaning tasks and cleaning staff at all County properties to ensure proper building maintenance and cleanliness. The Custodial Supervisor will also work as part of the cleaning crew.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a combined experience of 5 years in a supervisory level position (any industry) or 5 years in a custodial field position with a minimum of two years of that time in a supervisory or management level roll.
- Prior experience in the custodial field a plus.
- Basic Computer skills are required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work from ladders, lifts, and in confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist at will.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Various Industry related Technical Certificates and training may be required post hire.
- Time outside of the normal work hours may be required on an occasional basis.
- Manage and oversee all Full Time and Part Time Custodial Staff by:
- providing direct management and oversight of other Custodial Workers at all county facilities.
- monitoring the work of custodial workers in coordination with the facilities manager regarding any issues or problems that may arise.
- reassigning employees to different cleaning areas when routine schedules need to change due to absenteeism of staff (Vacation, Illness, Call-offs, etc.).
- monitoring cleaning supplies, equipment and materials by performing routine inventory and equipment inspections.
- overseeing large group cleaning projects as assigned by the facilities manager.
- providing new hire orientation and ongoing training to Custodial Staff.
- Performs all cleaning task with the custodial staff and functions as a working supervisor while rotating their schedule through all facilities:
- Performs manual tasks and mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, and emptying waste paper baskets in assigned rooms or offices and other areas of a public building or institution.
- Dusts and cleans offices where care must be taken that papers and materials are not disarranged.
- Cleans windows, marble and brass embellishments and dusts books.
- Cleans and scrubs lavatories, polishes fixtures, mirrors and furniture surfaces.
- Replenishes lavatory supplies.
- Cleans and dusts Venetian blinds, window sills and ledges.
- Performs such other related tasks and duties as may be assigned or required.
- Generate/revise/maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the Custodial staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work Locations: Mercer County Courthouse and surrounding buildings
Full Benefit Package: Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision and Life Insurance Options; annual paid Vacation and Sick time; 12 paid holidays per year; County Pension Plan participation.
How To Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, salary history, resume, and three references and the standard County of Mercer Application to the following:
Mercer, PA 16137
Deadline to Apply: August 13, 2019