Department: Mercer County Courts – Magisterial District Court (Greenville)
Position Title: Senior Procedure Clerk (Full Time)
Pay Classification: TCN 06 ($15.20 Entry - $17.24)
Reports To: District Judge
Date of Job Description Creation/Update: 01/17/2017
Overall Descriptions of the Position:
A Senior Procedure Clerk performs all clerical duties relative to the processing of forms and servicing of persons filing action with the Magisterial District Court.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of one to three years of related experience preferred.
- Previous legal administrative experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of legal terminology, the criminal justice system and the court system a plus
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential and/or legal issues
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Basic Word, Word Perfect and Excel understanding and use required)
- Professional Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to work against a tight time deadline
- Ability to maintain records and files on a daily basis
- Basic record keeping skills
- Ability to type quickly and efficiently. Accuracy is of utmost importance.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals either on computer or calculator
- Ability to use computer or calculator with speed and accuracy
- Must establish and maintain an effective working relationship, both over the phone and in person with members of the public
- Ability to communicate and work with various other county and state departments and organizations
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Types letters, forms, reports and other correspondence
- Photocopies, scans, or images various types of documents
- Phone receptionist and customer service duties
- Duties also involve both accounting or procedural tasks and the handling of money.
- Assist District Judge and office staff members on a daily basis
- Assist with the scheduling of hearings
- Works on special projects as assigned
- All other duties as assigned or required
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk at will.
- Must have the ability to engage in frequent or constant computer use.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat
- Must be able to lift up to 20lb on a regular basis and up to 50lb on an occasional basis.
How To Apply:
Please send the completed standard application, a letter of interest, salary history, resume, and three references to the following:
Mercer, PA 16137
Deadline to Apply: February 3, 2017