RECYCLING AND SOLID WASTE DEPARTMENT
The Mercer County Recycling/Solid Waste Department’s mission is to develop and implement the Mercer County Municipal Solid Waste Management (MSW) Plan.
The Mercer County Recycling/Solid Waste Department will work towards its mission by:
- Providing convenient recycling opportunities,
- Providing recycling and collection opportunities for hard-to-dispose materials such as tires, electronics, and household hazardous waste,
- Providing technical assistance to businesses, institutions, organizations, and municipalities,
- Partnerships with like-minded organizations and agencies,
- Conducting public education programs to raise awareness about proper waste management and its benefits, and
- Assisting municipalities and businesses in meeting regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal recycling and waste management laws.
News and Events
Hard-to-Recycle Collection Events
2nd Tuesday of Each Month
9 AM - 1 PM
The Lawrence-Mercer Recycling/Solid Waste Department offers a program for the collection of select hard-to-recycle items. Collection days are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 9 AM to 1 PM, and transition between locations in Mercer and Lawrence counties. This makes the program accessible to as many people as possible