New to our Website
There are currently 3 available positions with the County:
- Investigator (Full Time and Part Time)
- Deadline to Apply: September 30, 2019
- Administrative Assistant
- Deadline to Apply: October 7, 2019
- Part-Time Telecommunicator
- Deadline to Apply: October 7, 2019
Click here to View Job Opportunities
Request for Bids
There is currently 1 Requests for Bids.
- Housing Rehabilitation Consulting Services
- Mercer County (in addition to Greenville, Grove City and Sharpsville Boroughs and Pine Township) is soliciting for consulting services to implement a housing rehabilitation program that would be funded under their entitlement Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
- Deadline to Apply: September 27, 2019 4 PM EST
Click here to view Bid Requests
New Voting Machines
- On November 5, 2019, the voters of Mercer County will be using new voting machines, the ES&S DS 200 voting system. Voters with special needs will be provided with the option to use the ES&S ExpressVote Ballot Marking Device to complete their Ballot.
- Click here to educate and prepare yourself for this new system.
Follow us on Twitter
Get up to date County News by follwing our Twitter accountGo to http://www.twitter.com/MercerCountyPA
Request records and correspondence using a Right-to-Know form.Go to Open Records homepage
Courthouse Grounds Usage Policy
A new Courthouse Grounds Policy has been adopted by the Board of Commissioners and is meant to provide equal access, to protect sensitive areas, and to respect the nature of the Courthouse and its grounds.Read the Courthouse Grounds Usage Policy
Courthouse Grounds Application for Use
Filing Information for Unrepresented Parties
Forms for filing a Complaint for Custody, Divorce or other Family Law mattersClick here for more information
Local Taxpayer Bill of Rights
The Local Taxpayers Bill of Rights grants certain legal rights to taxpayers, and imposes obligations on taxing authorities to ensure that equity and fairness guide local governments in the collection of taxes.Click here for more information
Mercer County Commissioners
Matthew B. McConnell
Timothy M. McGonigle
NEWS AND EVENTS
September 1 - September 31
Public Hearing: Community Development Block Grant
Notice is hereby given by Mercer County that it will hold the following September 2019 Public Hearings:
|Date / Time||Location|
|Monday, the 9th at 6:30 p.m.||Pine Township, 545 Barkeyville Road, Grove City, PA 16127|
|Wednesday, the 11th at 6:30 p.m.||Sharpsville Borough, 1 South Walnut Street, Sharpsville, PA 16150|
|Monday, the 16th at 6:30 p.m.||Grove City Borough, 123 West Main Street, Grove City, PA 16127|
|Thursday, the 19th at 2:00 p.m.||Mercer County Courthouse Assembly Room, Mercer, PA. 16137|
The purpose of these Public Hearings is to discuss the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program in general, the needs of Mercer County, Sharpsville and Grove City Boroughs and Pine Township and their performance under the previously funded CDBG program years and the required Three –Year Community Development Plans.
In addition, the county intends to modify their FY 2016 and 2017 programs by transferring funds from the housing rehabilitation to the public facility activity (Removal of Architectural Barriers at Pine Township Social Hall),
Veterans ID Discount Program
Posted October 12, 2018
The Mercer County Recorder of Deeds, Dee Dee Zickar and the Director of Veterans Affairs, Larry D. Scheetz are proud to announce “Operation Veteran Appreciation” Veterans ID Discount Program. We salute our men and women who have served in the Armed Forces, as well as those presently serving our nation today. The program provides a photo ID card to Mercer County veterans who have recorded their US Military Discharge with the Recorder of Deeds office as well as members of the military who are currently serving our country and have a current military ID. This photo identification card is provided free of charge.
The Veterans ID Discount Program launches Tuesday, November 13, 2018. Please apply in the Recorder of Deeds office Monday thru Friday between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM (excluding holidays).
All Veterans and Businesses interested in participating should download the Operation Veteran Appreciation Brochure for more information.